The “official” break of the Chicago White Sox season will arrive after today’s game in Cleveland against the Indians with the All-Star break arriving at the conclusion of the game.
It has been an up-and-down season thus far with some good moments, and a lot of disappointment, but it is still better than what we’ve watched last season, even if the White Sox have an overall record of 45-50.
Since the White Sox have the below .500 record after 95 games played, they are certain to be involved in trade rumors, and one of those players is second baseman Gordon Beckham.
In an article by Scott Merkin of the official White Sox site it quoted Beckham as saying:
“Trade rumors don’t affect how I prepare and how I go about the game. They are just a distraction if you let them be. Obviously, I’ve heard stuff. But I haven’t tried to think about it too much.”
Before the end of the season I would like to see what Johnson could do in the Majors, and one day he’ll make an impact for the franchise somewhere in the infield for Chicago.
What are your thoughts on a possible trade of Beckham by the White Sox? Do you believe a trade would make the White Sox better in the future?
In other White Sox news:
• More on Beckham … here is a Chicago Tribune video of Beckham talking about Saturday’s game.
• ESPN Chicago (via the Associated Press) had an article on Saturday’s game.
• Michael Whitlow wrote about the “mystery” of the ’14 White Sox team.
• Bleacher Report wrote about the Top 50 MLB Prospects.
• Patrick Green of FanSided’s Call to the Pen “revisited” the three-team trade that involved the White Sox this offseason.