Monday starts a three-game series with the Cleveland Indians, as the Chicago White Sox welcome the Tribe to US Cellular Field. For the White Sox, they are coming off splitting a series with the New York Yankees, but have lost two straight.
The White Sox and Paul Konerko presented Jeter with a custom bench made of Louisville Sluggers, Comiskey Park dirt and a $5,000 check to Jeter’s Turn 2 Foundation.
I respect Jeter, and is one of the few Yankees when I was growing up that I really liked watching play the sport.
In the Chicago Sun-Times, they quoted White Sox manager Robin Ventura as saying the following on both Jeter and retiring White Sox first baseman/designated hitter Paul Konerko, as Ventura played on the Yankees with Jeter:
“[People] respect the way they go about their business when they play and being there every day … They’re pretty much every-day guys for most of their careers.”
That is true. They are both captains of their respective teams for a reason, and both will be missed next season by the game of baseball.
• Now the White Sox have to get back on track with the Indians visiting The Cell for the next three days, with the White Sox having an overall record of 25-27, while the Indians are 24-27.
Both teams are 5-5 in their past 10 games, with the White Sox trailing the first-place Detroit Tigers by six games, but being just a half game out of the second place spot in the division.
This season the White Sox are 4-3 against Cleveland, scoring 35 runs, but allowing 41.
This is yet another important AL Central series for the White Sox, as they really need to win two of three in this series go gain the momentum they need to get back on track.
In other White Sox news:
• Here is what the Chicago Sun-Times wrote about the loss on Sunday.
• Here is a Chicago Tribune series preview for the White Sox and Indians.
• CSN Chicago writes how the White Sox are ” searching for ninth inning answers.”
• Here is what FanSided’s Da Windy City wrote in the White Sox loss, Sunday.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.