There will be five Birmingham Barons on the 2014 Southern League All-Star game roster for the Double-A level.
On the roster from the Chicago White Sox Double-A affiliate are:
The Double-A All-Stars for the Southern League are selected by field managers, radio broadcasters, general managers and print media according to a press release.
• Earley is hitting .266 (53-for-199) with two home runs, 10 doubles, 15 runs scored and 24 RBI in 52 games.
• In his first season at the Double-A level, Smith is hitting .321 (50-for-156) with four home runs, 11 doubles, 32 runs scored and 22 RBI in 41 games.
• On the year, Richmond is hitting .271 (42-for-155) with four home runs, 11 doubles, 26 runs scored and a team-best 27 RBI in 44 games.
• On the season, Thompson is hitting .217 (45-for-212) with a team-leading six home runs, 32 runs scored and 25 RBI in 56 games.
• On the season, Winiarski is 0-1 with a 3.38 ERA (11 ER/26.2 IP) with a team-leading five saves in six opportunities and 30 strikeouts in 19 games.
The White Sox have a lot of prospects to be excited over on this squad, and remember the Barons were the 2013 Southern League champions, and some of this players are now on the Triple-A club in Charlotte.
The All-Star Game for the Southern League will be played in Chattanooga, TN on June 17.