Chicago White Sox Morning BP (4/17)
Apr 16, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox starting pitcherJohn Danks
(50) reacts after throwing Boston Red Sox catcherA.J. Pierzynski
(not pictured) out during the sixth inning at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
Tonight will be the third and final game of the three-game series between the Chicago White Sox and the Boston Red Sox at US Cellular Field.
The winner of this third game will also gain the series win, as the White Sox have won their two previous home series of the season. The White Sox are 8-7 overall this season.
The series finale will see the White Sox send LHP Chris Sale to the mound (3-0, 2.66 ERA) to face Boston’s Jon Lester (1-2, 2.57 ERA), as this game should, hopefully, keep the bullpens at ease Thursday with two talented starters squaring off.
But more on them later today.
What did you think about Wednesday’s 14 inning contest, where the White Sox lost, 4-2?
Yeah, I didn’t like it either.
As we start this day off, here are some links for White Sox news:
• Here is the whitesox.com take on the 14-inning loss, mostly about the bullpen.
• Joe Popely of MLB.com wrote about Leury Garcia‘s pitching experience, Wednesday.
• Here is an article by Southside Showdown’s own Brian Necastro about if the White Sox should sign Joel Hanrahan.
• The Chicago Sun-Times wrote this about Alexei Ramirez tying the 15-game hit streak of Frank Thomas.
• Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago wrote there are changes possible for the White Sox bullpen.
• Here are some video highlights of the 4-2, 14-inning loss via the Chicago Tribune.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.