Series Preview: White Sox at Twins
The White Sox will leave the frigid winter like temperatures of the south side, as they open a six game road trip this afternoon with the Minnesota Twins at Target Field in Minneapolis. The White Sox split a pair with the Indians at U.S. Cellular Field this weekend, as they battled snow, rain, and hail as well as the Indians.
The White Sox are off to their best start since 2005, at 4-2 after the first week of the MLB season. The White Sox will look to capitalize on the battered, and bruised Twins. This is a very winnable road trip for the White Sox, as they will take on the Twins for three, and the Rays for three this week before heading home next Monday.
The White Sox should have a nice offensive output against the Twins, and their sub-par pitching rotation. The return of red-hot Adam Eaton after missing Saturday’s game for the birth of his newborn child, will certainly be a welcomed addition to the lineup this week.
The Twins have stumbled to an 0-6 record to start the season after dropping three game sets to both Baltimore, and Kansas City on the Road. The Twins will finally make their way to the comfort of their own stadium, as they take on the White Sox in their home opener this afternoon.
- Game 1: Jose Quintana (0-0) VS. Kyle Gibson (0-1)
- Game 2: Carlos Rodon (0-1) VS. Phil Hughes (0-1)
- Game 3: Mat Latos (1-0) VS. Ervin Santana (0-0)
- Danny Santana – SS – 15 Day DL
- Game 1: 3:10 PM (CT) / TV – CSN Chicago / Radio – WLS 890AM
- Game 2: 7:10 PM (CT) / TV – WPWR / Radio – WLS 890AM
- Game 3: 12:10 PM (CT) / TV – CSN Chicago / Radio – WLS 890AM
Keys to Victory:
- Put the bat on the ball and take advantage of the sub-par pitching that the Twins have to offer, it’s not often they will see sub-par pitching in this division.
- Continue the strong starting pitching, and defensive efforts.