Chicago White Sox Morning BP (5/3): Not a good start to May
Apr 28, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox left fielder Alejandro De Aza (30) is greeted by designated hitter Adam Dunn (44) after hitting a two-run homer against the Tampa Bay Rays during the second inning at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: David Banks-USA TODAY Sports
Sorry for the late daily Morning BP post, the alarm clock and I had a disagreement this morning.
Well, now it is time to talk about baseball, and for all the good that happened in the month of April for the White Sox, the month of May didn’t have the best of starts for this ball club.
We all know the White Sox lost 12-5 to the Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field, but it was just a bad overall start on a few things with this team.
Sox left 8 stranded on bases, Friday
For starters, the starting pitching of John Danks wasn’t anything to brag about.
Then the hitting of the White Sox was OK … they did have 10 hits, but when they needed to knock runners in, they didn’t, going 2-for-10 with RISP, leaving eight stranded on the base.
Enough about last night’s game. Now the White Sox have a game tonight at 5:05 p.m. CT at Cleveland with them sending out Scott Carroll to the mound. Carroll is a feel-good story for the White Sox this season, making his MLB debut at the age of 29 and gaining the win last week. He’s 1-0 with a 1.23 ERA.
He’ll oppose Justin Masterson with a 0-1 record and a 4.84 ERA.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
This is a very interesting matchup for both offenses to be facing, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
In other White Sox news:
•Whitesox.com wrote the DL is a possibility for Adam Eaton following another hamstring strain.
• The Chicago Tribune had a video from Robing Ventrura about the 12-5 loss, Friday.
• Here is another video from the Chicago Tribune, this one of Adam Eaton about his hamstring.
• In this ESPN Insider article of rookie rankings from Jim Bowden, he has Jose Abreu at No. 2.
• Chris Sale will have a bullpen session, Monday as written in this CSN Chicago article.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.