May 3, 2014; Cleveland, OH, USA; Chicago White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham (15) makes a throw to first for an out in the second inning against the Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
Sunday the Chicago White Sox will look to avoid the sweep against the Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field before heading back to Chicago to face the Chicago Cubs for four straight games.
Thus far in this series with the Indians, I don’t believe the White Sox have played up to their potential, plus they wasted a very good quality start by Scott Carroll on Saturday.
He allowed no earned runs, but suffered the 2-0 loss.
Scott Carroll allowed no earned runs
This game should be interesting, and I’ll just say my prediction for this game is a lot of runs.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
Now we’ll just see if the White Sox can at least avoid the sweep and go on from there.
In other White Sox news:
• The Chicago Tribune talks about the loss to the Indians in this Chicago Tribune video.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.