May 3, 2014; Cleveland, OH, USA; Chicago White Sox second baseman Marcus Semien (5) makes a throw to first base to complete a double play as Cleveland Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera (13) slides into second base in the fourth inning at Progressive Field. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
At least the Chicago White Sox avoided the sweep to the Cleveland Indians on Sunday. Now it is time to focus on the Chicago Cubs with two games at Wrigley Field and two games at US Cellular Field this week.
What can we expect of this series?
Entering this upcoming series, the White Sox are 15-17 overall this season, as they are 4-6 in their past 10 games. The Cubs are last in the in the NL Central with an overall record of 11-18, as they are also 4-6 in their past 10 games.
So what can we expect of this series?
Neither team is over the .500 mark of the season, and neither team this season has really put together a good streak of wins, so who knows what will happen.
But, I really love this series (though it has lost a little luster), because it is always fun to play the Cubs, no matter what the record are of the two teams.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
Last season, the White Sox were 0-4 against the Cubs, as the White Sox scored just eight runs in the series. They allowed the Cubs to score 32 runs in this four games for the Crosstown Cup.
Should be a fun series, and let’s hope it goes better than last season. It is time for the White Sox to get some bragging rights for a change.
In other White Sox news:
• CSN Chicago says the White Sox are looking for a spark heading into the Crosstown series.
• Da Windy City of FanSided wrote about Sunday’s win.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.