How about the Chicago White Sox the past three games … three wins in a row and sealing the fate of the Crosstown Cup by returning back to the South Side.
Last night’s win over the Chicago Cubs, by an 8-3 score, made it even more special because Paul Konerko hit a three-run double to put the White Sox far ahead of the Cubs for good.
May 7, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox designated hitterPaul Konerko
(14) runs towards first base after hitting a three run double against the Chicago Cubs during the fifth inning at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
Seeing Paulie have a clutch hit like that can, and should, make any White Sox fan happy, but especially against the Cubs.
If the White Sox can win tonight, it would be the first time they’ve swept a series all season, as they are now over the .500 mark by one game at 18-17 overall. The Cubs are 11-21 on the season.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In other White Sox news:
• Chris Sale pitched his second bullpen session as he’s recovering from his arm injury as the official White Sox site reports.
• The Chicago Tribune writes about the 8-3 White Sox win over the Cubs, Wednesday.
• Here are the MLB standings before Thursday’s games.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.