May 14, 2014; Oakland, CA, USA; Chicago White Sox relief pitcherRonald Belisario
(54) pitches in relief against the Oakland Athletics during the ninth inning at O.co Coliseum. The Chicago White Sox defeated the Oakland Athletics 4-2. Mandatory Credit: Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports
It was good to see the Chicago White Sox gain the first win of their series against the Houston Astros on Friday night by a 7-2 score, due in large part with the help of a three-run home run from Adam Dunn.
In a Chicago Sun-Times article it says the White Sox are 11-14 against teams that are below the .500 mark … hopefully that continues to even out the rest of the weekend with two more games remaining against the Astros.
With that said, Friday couldn’t have went much better for the White Sox. Now let’s hope that string of positive vibes continues throughout the weekend for the “Good Guys,” who could use a few days of good luck.
More from White Sox News
- New White Sox comments about the manager situation are baffling
- White Sox elimination number for AL Central entering Tuesday
- This former star would be a great Tony La Russa replacement
- The Chicago White Sox were unable to sweep the Oakland A’s
- White Sox: Tony La Russa gave an update on his medical condition
In other White Sox news:
• Adam Dunn talks about his 3-run home run in a Chicago Tribune video.
• Here are the MLB standings before Saturday’s games.
• In another CSN Chicago article, Eaton talks about his rehab stint.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.