Chicago White Sox Morning BP (5/21)
May 20, 2014; Kansas City, MO, USA; Chicago White Sox starting pitcher Andre Rienzo (64) delivers a pitch in the first inning against the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago White Sox have played better than the Kansas City Royals for the past two nights (just enough), and it has resulted in consecutive wins.
Both nights it has been the home run, mixed with good enough pitching that has led the White Sox to victory, as tonight they have a chance to gain their first road series sweep out of Chicago if they can defeat the Royals.
But maybe the best news of all was reported by the Chicago Sun-Times when they wrote about how Chris Sale is in line for a start against the New York Yankees this weekend.
The Sun-Times wrote:
"“Sale threw a light bullpen session of fewer than 30 pitches Tuesday and remains on track for a possible start against the visiting New York Yankees this weekend.”"
Sale would be nice to have against the Yankees this weekend, especially if he would start opposite of rookie Masahiro Tanaka, who suffered his first career loss on Tuesday against the Chicago Cubs.
Since there is a possibility of having Sale back in the rotation, I’m looking more forward to this weekend’s series.
Also props to Andre Rienzo and his six-inning performance, Tuesday. He allowed just two earned runs on five hits and two walks, along with eight strikeouts.
Now if only the rest of the rotation could follow his lead.
More from White Sox News
- 3 Chicago White Sox players to cut ties with in September
- White Sox stay close with Guardians and Twins in AL Central race
- The White Sox take a thrilling must-win game over Mariners
- Miguel Cairo could be manager the White Sox need right now
- Dylan Cease gets so close to a no-hitter in White Sox win
In other White Sox news:
• ESPN Chicago wrote about the odds of who will be the next closer for the White Sox.
• Here is an article from CSN Chicago about the recent injury issues of the team.
• The Chicago Tribune has a video of Rienzo taking about his start on Tuesday.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.