Chicago White Sox Morning BP (5/24)
May 23, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox starting pitcherHector Noesi
(48) throws the ball against the New York Yankees during the first inning at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
If there is one thing about the Chicago White Sox this season that seems to be a consistent, it is you never turn the game off in the ninth inning, no matter what the score is.
Adam Dunn and his teammates proved that Friday night as they rallied to win by a 6-5 score over the New York Yankees in the second of this four-game set at US Cellular Field.
Endings like that always makes for just a little bit more excitement, as the White Sox move to 25-25 overall.
ESPN Chicago wrote the following about Dunn:
"“And after a mostly disappointing tenure in a White Sox uniform, Dunn has remained steady this season with a refined approach and what appears to be a new comfort level at the plate.”"
All of us get a little (or a lot) frustrated with Dunn at times throughout any season he’s been with the White Sox, but endings like that should make us realize that is what he’s paid to do … hit home runs, not hit for average.
Either way, the White Sox have won two in a row against the Yankees, and now they can go for the series win this afternoon, in game at US Cellular Field.
More from White Sox News
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
- New White Sox comments about the manager situation are baffling
- White Sox elimination number for AL Central entering Tuesday
In other White Sox news:
• The Chicago White Sox are staying “loose” even with injuries writes the Chicago Sun-Times.
• Over at the Chicago Tribune, they wrote about how the overall play of the White Sox is a plus this season.
• CSN Chicago writes about how Jose Abreu is staying positive during his stint on the DL.
• Adam Eaton will take his play “down a notch” writes the Chicago Sun-Times.
• The newest writer for Southside Showdown, Jon Vedamuthu, writes about Dunn clearing the bases.
Subscribe to the Southside Showdown free daily newsletter from FanSided by clicking here or add the FanSided mobile app by clicking here. Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter and like us on Facebook.