Chicago White Sox Morning BP: Team falls to 3 games under .500
Jun 14, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox third basemanLeury Garcia
(28) tags out Kansas City Royals right fielder Norichika Aoki (23) during the ninth inning at U.S Cellular Field. The Kansas City Royals defeated the Chicago White Sox 9-1. Mandatory Credit: David Banks-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago White Sox had one of their worst games of the season on Saturday as they were held to a single run, not coming until the ninth as they lost to the Kansas City Royals, 9-1.
That run was a home run by Paul Konerko in the ninth inning.
The past two games for the White Sox the starting pitching has been nonexistent, and that can’t be happening at this point of the season if the White Sox truly want to be a contender in the AL Central. They are lucky to be just 4.5 games back of first place at this point of the season.
Their three straight losses have moved the White Sox to last in the division at 33-36 overall.
Headed into Sunday’s games, the AL Central looks like this: Detroit Tigers (35-29), Royals (35-32), Cleveland Indians (34-35), Minnesota Twins (32-34) and White Sox (33-36).
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
The White Sox have lost their past three games, and again, and I know I sound like a broken record, the White Sox lack any positive consistency, as they are 4-6 in their past 10 games.
Today won’t be any easier with the White Sox sending Andre Rienzo (4-3, 5.25 ERA) against the Royals’ James Shields (7-3, 3.44).
In other White Sox news:
• Here is what the official White Sox site wrote about the loss on Saturday.
• Da Windy City also wrote about the loss on Saturday.
• CSN Chicago writes about Tyler Flowers keeping it simple.
• The Chicago Tribune also wrote about the 9-1 Saturday loss to the Royals.
• Call to the Pen wrote about the White Sox acquiring Michael Taylor from the Oakland Athletics.
• Bleacher Report projected the aces of every MLB team in 5 years.
• Here are the MLB standings.
• ESPN Chicago says writes: “Paul Konerko a calming influence for Sox.”
Tweet of the Day
Please follow Southside Showdown on Twitter @SoxShowdown. Also follow us on Facebook by clicking here.