Chicago White Sox Morning BP: John Danks keeps improving
Jun 17, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox starting pitcher John Danks (50) pitches against the San Francisco Giants at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: Matt Marton-USA TODAY Sports
Last night’s 8-2 win by the Chicago White Sox stopped the misery of a four-game losing streak, but now it is time to see what they are really made of.
This afternoon the White Sox have the luxury of sending left-handed ace Chris Sale to the mound against the Giants in the second game of this short two-game series, and that is the good news.
The bad news for Sale and the Sox … they have to face Giants ace Tim Hudson as his ERA is 1.81 to go with his 7-2 record on the season. Sale is right with him though, with a 5-1 record and 1.97 ERA.
Today should be fun if you are a fan of top-notch pitching, but we’ll talk more about that in a game preview.
As for last night, what I liked seeing the most was the pitching of John Danks. He’s turning around his season, gaining three wins in his past three starts in a combined 20.2 innings of work. In those three starts Danks has allowed just four earned runs.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
The left-hander is 6-5 on the season with a 3.97 ERA in 14 starts, equaling 88.1 innings pitched. He’s holding opponents to a .241 batting average this season.
In other White Sox news:
• Robin Ventura will address the base running miscues of Jose Abreu writes ESPN Chicago.
• The Chicago Sun-Times wrote about how White Sox hitters have “awaken from slumber.”
• More on Abreu: CSN Chicago says Abreu is among AL Rookie of the Year favorites.
• SB Nation writes about Adam Eaton and Gordon Beckham‘s hitting.
• Bleacher Report predicts the MLB All-Star rosters.
Tweet of the Day