Chicago White Sox Morning BP: When do changes need to be made?
Jun 21, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Chicago White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez (10) fields a ground ball in the eighth inning against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field. The Twins won 4-3. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
If the Chicago White Sox lose Sunday to the Minnesota Twins for what would be a fourth consecutive day in this 11-day road trip, the fourth day of the road trip at that, then it might be a good time to start thinking about some changes being made.
Right now, I’m not sure of all the changes that could be made, but it would help if they could look outside the franchise for some starting pitching and bullpen help to get things rolling again.
The longest losing streaks of the season have been four games on three different occasions, but like I keep saying … if this team wants to truly be competitive for the AL Central title (and there is still plenty of time for that) they must make some changes.
Most likely to do that the White Sox would have to trade some veterans, and to be honest I don’t think I would have a problem with that, if and only if, the players in return could help not only this season, but in future seasons.
The White Sox don’t need rent a players this year, and let’s be honest with ourselves, how many of us really thought in April that the White Sox were going to contend for this division after what we all witnessed last season?
There are still eight games left on this road trip with the game today in Minnesota, followed with three games in Baltimore and four games against the Blue Jays. The Orioles and Blue Jays are very quality teams, so if the track record stays, the White Sox will play better against those two teams with winning records than they have against the Twins this weekend.
I’m just looking forward to the White Sox getting away from Target Field, and seeing what can happen next in Baltimore.
What are your thoughts on how the White Sox can improve this ball club this season?
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In other White Sox news:
• The Chicago Sun-Times writes the White Sox want Carlos Rodon to sign soon.
• Here is a “help wanted” list the Chicago Tribune has for the White Sox.
• ESPN Chicago has an Associated Press article about the 4-3 White Sox loss on Saturday.
• Alexei Ramirez looking to get out of RBI slump writes CSN Chicago.
• Michael Whitlow writes about the White Sox loss on Saturday via FanSided’s Da Windy City.