Jun 24, 2014; Baltimore, MD, USA; Chicago White Sox shortstopAlexei Ramirez
(10) reacts after scoring in the sixth inning against the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The White Sox defeated the Orioles 4-2. Mandatory Credit: Joy R. Absalon-USA TODAY Sports
For the 81 games, one constant for the Chicago White Sox starting lineup was Alexei Ramierz at shortstop, but today (June 28) the veteran will have a day off.
Ramirez is the final White Sox regular to have a day off and not make a start this season. Taking his spot Saturday is Leury Garcia, who will bat ninth in the batting order.
Here is a Tweet from CSN White Sox reporter Dan Hayes about Ramirez’s day off:
This season Ramirez is batting .293 with eight home runs on 38 RBIs. His on-base percentage is .325. He’s in the running to make the American League roster for the All-Star game in July.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
Ramirez has been in a bit of a slump lately from the RBI and home run standpoint, gaining his first RBI and home run since May 26 (RBI) and May 23 (home run).
Though I would prefer Ramirez in the lineup, but with the White Sox playing their 12th game in 12 days this is a good opportunity for some rest as they are scheduled to play 16 straight days of baseball before their next off day.
Here is the starting lineup for Saturday, June 28: