Chicago White Sox Morning BP: 2 weekend wins; 2 All-Stars
Jul 6, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox second basemanLeury Garcia
(28) slides back to first base against the Seattle Mariners during the sixth inning at U.S Cellular Field. Chicago White Sox defeat the Seattle Mariners 1-0. Mandatory Credit: Mike DiNovo-USA TODAY Sports
Not only did the Chicago White Sox get two All-Star selections on Sunday in Jose Abreu and Alexei Ramirez, but they gained their second won of the weekend as well.
The White Sox won two of three games against the Seattle Mariners, and on Sunday it was really good to see Hector Noesi pitch well in his start for the White Sox.
In the article on CSN Chicago it said of Sunday’s win:
"“Noesi scattered five hits and two walks with five strikeouts, an impressive rebound effort after he walked seven and allowed five runs in five innings against the Angels last week. He stranded a runner in scoring position in the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth innings …”"
Tonight the White Sox travel to Boston to play the Red Sox where they look to gain their third consecutive win of the season. That should be fin, especially after Red Sox manager John Ferrell (and the player vote) left Chris Sale off the AL All-Star game roster, even though he has an 8-1 record and 2.16 ERA in 13 starts this season.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
- New White Sox comments about the manager situation are baffling
In other White Sox news
• Vote Chris Sale onto the AL All-Star Game roster.
• Here is what the official White Sox site wrote about Abreu and Ramirez making the All-Star game.
• Sale won’t vote for himself to make the AL All-Star Game roster writes the Chicago Tribune.
• Abreu is still undecided on the HR Derby writes ESPN Chicago.
• Here is the AL ASG roster as posted by Call to the Pen.
• Da Windy City wrote about the series against the Mariners.
Tweet of the Day