Jul 7, 2014; Boston, MA, USA; Chicago White Sox second baseman Gordon Beckham (15) and shortstop Alexei Ramirez (10) react after defeating the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park. The White Sox defeated Boston 4-0. Mandatory Credit: David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
Will the real Chicago White Sox please stand up?
At times this season we’ve seen the White Sox win as many as four games in a row, and lose as many as five games consecutively.
In a game this season they’ve allowed 12 runs, and once scored 16 runs in a win. Lately the White Sox have been playing, what I believe, is their best baseball since the month of April, winning seven of their past 10 games.
The White Sox have a 24-21 record at home, and have 19 road wins on the season, as they are 43-47 overall on the year, 7.5 games back of the first place Detroit Tigers in the AL Central.
But in the past 10 games the White Sox have won games against teams who are in the hunt for a division lead in the Toronto Blue Jays (AL East) and in the AL West when they’ve won games against the Seattle Mariners and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Currently the White Sox are in the midst of a four-game series with the defending World Series champion Boston Red Sox who they defeated 4-0 on Monday. Boston isn’t having much success thus far this season as they are fifth in the AL East, but this is still an improvement over games in the past.
In their last two games the White Sox have posted consecutive shutouts. In their three losses in their past 10 games the White Sox have had opportunities to also win at least two of those games, losing a ninth inning two-run lead against the Mariners on Saturday.
Maybe the White Sox are finally hitting their stride, or maybe they are just on a good streak of baseball? Either way, the past couple weeks have been fun to watch because they are giving themselves a shot to win the game, and from what we’ve seen this season and last year that’s all we can hope for at this point.
I don’t know how long this hot streak will last, but while it is happens all of us should enjoy what we are watching.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In other White Sox news:
• Here is what the official White Sox site wrote about the 4-0 win on Monday night.
• CSN Chicago writes “Rick Hahn playing hand close to vest” when it comes to trades.
• ICYMI: Here are 5 questions with BoSox Injection, a FanSided site on the Red Sox.
Tweet of the Day