Jul 14, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; American League pitcher Chris Sale (49) of the Chicago White Sox takes the field for workout day the day before the 2014 MLB All Star Game at Target Field. Mandatory Credit: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports
Tonight is one of my absolute favorite sporting events of the year … the MLB All-Star Game, which will be air at 7:30 p.m. ET tonight on FOX.
Jul 14, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; American League outfielder Yoenis Cespedes (right) of the Oakland Athletics talks with Alexei Ramirez (left) and Jose Abreu (middle) of the Chicago White Sox during workout day the day before the 2014 MLB All Star Game at Target Field. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
There are three Chicago White Sox players at the event, representing the American League in pitcher Chris Sale, first baseman Jose Abreu and shortstop Alexei Ramirez, all three of whom are very deserving of the honors.
Thinking about the All-Star Game, one of my all-time favorites All-Star Games (or moment) came in 1999 when they had the pregame ceremony honoring Ted Williams at Fenway Park with all the players surrounding him.
In that same ASG, in the first two innings where Pedro Martinez had one of the most dominating pitching efforts in a ASG in the history of the game. That is something I always remember.
I can remember watching that game as just being in awe.
What is your favorite ASG moment? Let us know.
I believe tonight’s game will be a good contest, and let’s see if Sale can repeat as the winning pitcher of the game for the AL, as he was the winning pitcher last year after pitching one inning against the NL.
The All-Star Game is being held at Target Field, and remember home field for the World Series is on the line.
More from White Sox News
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
- New White Sox comments about the manager situation are baffling
- White Sox elimination number for AL Central entering Tuesday
In other White Sox news:
• Here is what Southside Showdown wrote on Monday’s Home Run Derby.
• There was also a Celebrity All-Star Game held at Target Field.
• The official White Sox site writes about the home run resume of Jose Abreu.
• Here is another Abreu article, this one from the Chicago Times about him and his parents.
• ESPN Chicago writes Abreu doesn’t regret skipping the Derby.
Tweet of the Day