White Sox: The September outlook
Jun 20, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Chicago White Sox pinch hitter Paul Konerko (14) hits a RBI single in the ninth inning against the Minnesota Twins at Target Field. The Twins won 5-4. Mandatory Credit: Jesse Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
The final month of the Chicago White Sox season will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 2 and end on Sunday, Sept. 28 with the month starting on the road and ending (along with the season) at US Cellular Field.
Here is what the final month of the season will look like for the White Sox:
• Sept. 2-3 (2 games) at Minnesota Twins
• Sept. 5-7 (3 games) at Cleveland Indians
• Sept. 8-11 (4 games) vs. Oakland Athletics
• Sept. 12-14 (3 games) vs. Minnesota Twins
• Sept. 15-17 (3 games) at Kansas City Royals
• Sept. 19-21 (3 games) at Tampa Bay Rays
• Sept. 22-24 (3 games) at Detroit Tigers
• Sept. 25-28 (4 games) vs. Kansas City Royals.
The month of September will have scheduled off days on Sept. 1, Sept. 4 and Sept. 18.
The final game of the regular season will be on Sept. 28 against the Kansas City Royals.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
Chicago will play 14 games on the road, including a 9-game, 10-day road trip from Sept. 15-24 in Kansas City, Tampa Bay and Detroit.
Also in Sept. from the 8th through the 14 the White Sox will play seven straight home games. For the month the White Sox have 11 total home games.
With the White Sox playing young guys this upcoming month, and saying goodbye to veteran Paul Konerko, it will be an exciting and emotional month in varying ways.