Aug 31, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox center fielderAdam Eaton
hits a double against the Detroit Tigers during the second inning at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports
There was an article on the official site of the Chicago White Sox that caught my attention, talking about the future of the White Sox, and how this month will be used to look at some of that future.
Even though they didn’t call up the most important part of the future in Carlos Rodon this week, the White Sox are still looking at players and such this final month of games that don’t mean much in the standings.
In the article by Scott Merkin he lists the following when talking about some targets for the White Sox this offseason:
"“A left-handed bat, maybe two. Right-handed starting pitcher, catcher and two or three relief pitchers.”"
So basically this list, though short is still full of needs for the White Sox. That is at least seven players the White Sox will need to look for this offseason, whether it be via the farm system, free agency or via trade.
Whatever the case, the White Sox should have one of the busiest offseason front offices once the season is complete. I’m still interested in seeing what catcher Josh Phegley brings to the White Sox in September, but otherwise most of the September call-ups we basically know what they bring from their previous time in the majors this season. Right?
Should be exciting.
Who would you like to see the White Sox pursue this offseason? Let us know.
In other White Sox news:
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
• Here is a series preview for the White Sox at Indians, starting Friday by the Chicago Tribune.