Chicago White Sox Morning BP: Rough night for Chris Sale
Sep 17, 2014; Kansas City, MO, USA; Chicago White Sox starting pitcher Chris Sale (49) delivers a pitch in the first inning against the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
It happens … the ace of the Chicago White Sox, Chris Sale, has a tough night at the ball park, resulting in a 6-2 loss Wednesday night for the “Good Guys.”
At this point of the season wins and losses really don’t matter much for the White Sox as a team, but it would have been nice to see Sale add to his individual accomplishments in this game against the Kansas City Royals.
As for Sale though, the five earned runs allowed in five innings pitched on Wednesday, saw his ERA move from 1.99 to 2.20 on the year.
No worries though, as there are just 10 games left in the White Sox season, with three on the road at Tampa Bay starting Friday.
Those three games are to be followed with three games at Detroit against the Tigers and the season will end from Sept. 25-28 in one final series against the Royals at US Cellular Field, where we’ll say goodbye and thank you to Paul Konerko.
In looking at that schedule, the White Sox will be apart of how the AL Central will ultimately turn out, with the Tigers currently leading the Royals by a half game in the standings.
Before the games scheduled on Thursday, the Tigers are 84-68, followed by the Royals at 83-68. The rest of the AL Central is: Cleveland (78-73), Chicago (69-83) and Minnesota (65-87).
My hope for the White Sox for the remainder of the season is they can avoid 90 losses on the year.
With the White Sox having an off day on Thursday, lets all just relax and look at some of the happenings with this team, before they embark on one final stretch of 10 games in 10 days.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In other White Sox news:
• Andy Wilkins is struggling in first MLB exposure writes the official White Sox site.
• At SS we had an article about the improvement of Avisail Garcia.
• The Sun-Times wrote about the “rare rough outing” by Sale.
• CSN Chicago writes about Adam Eaton, base stealing and a confidence boost.
• Here is the recap of the 6-2 loss by the White Sox from the Chicago Tribune.