Chicago White Sox Morning BP: One final series for ’14
Sep 24, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Chicago White Sox first basemanJose Abreu
(79) receives congratulations from left fielderJordan Danks
(20) after scoring in the sixth inning against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
After 158 games, the Chicago White Sox have finally reached their final series of the 2014 season, which will be four games against the Kansas City Royals at US Cellular Field Thursday-Sunday.
This is a happy and sad time to be a White Sox fan, because it means the overall losing season in the standings (72-86) will be over and done with. But it also means the career of one of the greatest players to ever wear a White Sox uniform – Paul Konerko – has just four days left as a player on the team.
It also means the spectacular rookie season of Jose Abreu is finished, and the excellent season of left-handed pitcher Chris Sale is already finished as he made his final start on Wednesday.
Sure, there was some good with a lot of bad, but the ’14 season was more enjoyable to watch than the previous season, and ’15 will be even better … hopefully.
The White Sox have some decisions to make, and moves to be made, but for these final four days let’s enjoy what good there was to this season, and once the final out comes on Sunday afternoon, we say “Thank You” to Paulie, and then start figuring out what all of us would like to see happen this offseason.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In other White Sox news:
• Sale and Victor Martinez “exchanged words” on Wednesday following a HBP, as written by whitesox.com.
• CSN Chicago says Robin Ventura believes entire coaching staff will return.
• Here is a recap to the 6-1 loss on Wednesday by the Chicago Tribune.
• The Chicago Sun-Times writes: “A purposeful plunking by Chris Sale.”
• Brian Draus of SS looked at the career of Konerko.
• Also at SS, Joshua McKenzie asked: Will the White Sox Consider Bringing Back Sergio Santos?