Sep 26, 2014; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox designated hitter Paul Konerko flies out against the Kansas City Royals in the 9th inning at U.S Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports
For the Friday editions of the Chicago Sun-Times and the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago White Sox purchased full-page ads thanking the retiring Paul Konerko.
The ad says:
"“Paulie! Paulie! Paulie! Thanks for the memories”"
This was a very nice gesture by the White Sox, and one deserving for Konerko.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
With this being it for the captain of the White Sox, any positive recognition Konerko receives is great in my book. For the entire month of September, the White Sox have given away items of Konerko at home games if you sat in a special section of the stadium.
On Friday night Paulie went 0-for-4, but that’s ok, because he still has two games left against the Royals, and he will be celebrated Saturday on “Paul Konerko Day,” at US Cellular Field.
It will be cool to have some former teammates of Konerko’s at US Cellular to help celebrate what he’s meant to the franchise, and hopefully he can give us another memory or two this weekend.