Sep 2, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Los Angeles Angels third basemanGordon Beckham
(18) gets a single during the third inning against the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
With the Chicago White Sox sitting at home while the ALDS is about to start today, this is a good time to take a little closer look at the two ALDS games that begin on Thursday.
The first game of the day will be at 5:30 p.m. ET with the Detroit Tigers at the Baltimore Orioles, followed by the Kansas City Royals at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 9 p.m. ET.
Sep 16, 2014; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Orioles left fielderAlejandro De Aza
(12) hits a three-run RBI triple in the seventh inning against the Toronto Blue Jays at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The Orioles defeated the Jays 8-2. Mandatory Credit: Joy R. Absalon-USA TODAY Sports
Beckham played in 127 games this season, but with the deadline trade to the Angels in late August, the second baseman played in just 26 of those games with the Angels.
In those 26 games, Beckham batted .268 (he batted .221 in 101 games with the White Sox) along with eight RBIs and two home runs.
For the ’14 season Beckham combined had a .226 average, seven home runs and 36 RBIs.
As for De Aza, he played in 20 games following the deadline deal with the Orioles. In Baltimore, the former White Sox outfielder batted .293 in those 20 games (82 at-bats) with three home runs and 10 RBIs.
Compare that to his 122 games this season with the White Sox, where De Aza batted .243 with five him runs and 31 RBIs.
If these two get a chance to play in their respective series, it should be interesting to watch as White Sox fans.
These should be fun ALDS games to watch.
My predictions are: the Orioles and Angels win their respective series. What are your ALDS predictions? Let us know.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In White Sox news:
• White Sox third base coach Joe McEwing will interview for the vacant Arizona Diamondbacks managerial job.
• The Chicago Sun-Times writes about how bright spots couldn’t make up for shortcomings in ’14.