Sep 15, 2014; Kansas City, MO, USA; Chicago White Sox relief pitcherJake Petricka
(52) delivers a pitch against the Kansas City Royals in the ninth inning at Kauffman Stadium. Kansas City won the game 4-3. Mandatory Credit: John Rieger-USA TODAY Sports
Closer: David Robertson (RHP)
LH Specialist: Dan Jennings (LHP)
With Robertson (formally of the New York Yankees) closing out games for the Sox in ’15 the bullpen should be significantly better. Last season, Robertson (who signed a 4 year, $46 million deal) finished with 3.08 ERA and 39 saves.
The closer also had 96 strikeouts in ’14. The White Sox bullpen had 21 blown saves in ’14, Robertson had five all of last season.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
The end of game should, in fact, be a lot better.
Duke (a free agent signing this offseason) should be a huge help against lefties, as well as later in games.
I also believe that the experience that some of the younger pitchers got last year is really going to benefit them in 2015, especially Petricka, Putnam, Webb and Guerra.
Don’t be surprised if the White Sox add another arm or two in the pen before the season starts, which will give this current roster of pitchers a different look before Opening Day.