Jun 29, 2014; Toronto, Ontario, CAN; Toronto Blue Jays left fielder Melky Cabrera (53) reacts to a hit during a game against the Chicago White Sox at Rogers Centre. The Chicago White Sox won 4-0. Mandatory Credit: Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports
Let’s all hope all of our weekend’s went as well as it did for the Chicago White Sox, as the ball club continued to add to roster with another big potential signing.
On late Saturday night it was reported the White Sox made a deal with free agent left fielder Melky Cabrera for three years. Once this deal does become official just imagine what this team will be capable of next season.
In the article from the official White Sox site by Scott Merkin, he wrote:
"“Cabrera, 30, not only provides the White Sox an upgrade offensively and defensively in left field, but he also fits perfectly into the two spot in the White Sox lineup behind Adam Eaton. He hit .301 with a .351 on-base percentage and a .458 slugging percentage for the Blue Jays in 2014, to go along with 16 homers and 73 RBIs.”"
Bruce Levine was the reporter who broke the news on Twitter on Saturday night, and in his CBS Chicago article it says the following:
"“The White Sox have taken on close to $145 million in contract obligations in the last five weeks, adding seven new players.”"
Here is the tweet by Levine that got the Cabrera talk going:
If nothing else, 2015 games for the White Sox will be exciting to watch to say the least.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In other White Sox news:
• CSN Chicago says Hawk Harrelson is “dreaming big for Chicago baseball.”
• Here is what ESPN Chicago is saying about the White Sox and Cabrera, with the Good Guys “into the fast lane.”
• Statliners on FanSided had an article on the White Sox and “the importance of the win-curve.”
• The Chicago Sun-Times writes about additions making the team “relevant again.”
• At SS we had an article on White Sox expectations (before the Melky signing).