Jul 29, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Chicago White Sox center fielderAdam Eaton
(1) receives congratulations from first basemanJose Abreu
(79) and catcherTyler Flowers
(21) after scoring in the seventh inning against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
The Chicago White Sox didn’t wait until the holidays to showoff all their new gifts to the fans of the team, because on Tuesday the team introduced us to a trio of players who will change the course of history for the White Sox … good or bad.
Those players – Jeff Samardzija, Melky Cabrera and David Robertson – all spoke to the assembled media in Chicago on Tuesday, said the right things and got every one (including myself) excited and ready for the 2015 MLB season.
But we all know championships and success aren’t won in December, I get that, BUT that’s not saying a championship contender can’t be built in December. That said, I feel the White Sox have went on that path this offseason and last offseason.
That above group, along with others on the White Sox roster will make a big difference in not only the outcome o the White Sox season, but they will all help make a big difference in the AL Central as well.
Speaking of Cabrera, here is a tweet he posted yesterday:
The White Sox will contend this upcoming season, I have no doubt about that.
Right now who would you consider the favorites of the AL Central and why? Let us know what you are thinking? With the improvements the White Sox have made I’m not sweating at all in saying the White Sox should be the favorites in the AL Central as of Dec. 17.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
In other White Sox news:
• Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago wrote about “A dinner that changed everything” for the White Sox this offseason.
• CBS Chicago wrote about how Jerry Reinsdorf “smelled opportunity.”
• ESPN Chicago’s Doug Padilla wrote about how the “White Sox chemistry test begins in earnest.”
• At SS we wrote about how Samardzija is bringing back excitement to the White Sox.