Sep 21, 2014; St. Petersburg, FL, USA; Chicago White Sox right fielder Avisail Garcia (26) hits a solo home during the sixth inning against the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
25. New face at DH — Adam LaRoche gives the White Sox less power than the former DH (Adam Dunn), but his bat is more consistent, and he’ll be a very nice veteran presence in the dugout and club house this season. Plus, LaRoche knows what it takes to play in the postseason, and maybe that will rub off on the rest of his new teammates.
26. Avisail Garcia and a full season — Another potential breakout player for the White Sox is Garcia. Garcia staying healthy is a must for him and the White Sox in ’15. Plus, how much fun will it be to see Garcia get to play that full season and see the progression we know he’s capable of having?
27. Will Brian Anderson earn a spot in the minors — Anderson’s story really won’t affect the White Sox this season, but can the former first-round selection return to baseball as a centerfielder somewhere in the White Sox organization? I’m not sure, but it does draw my interest some.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
28. John Danks‘ return to form — One player I am really rooting for is Danks, for the fact he really does need to be better this season than he’s been the past couple years. This might be the final try for the White Sox to fix whatever ails Danks when he takes the mound. If he does get back to where he was a few seasons ago, the White Sox could have the best 1-4 rotation in the majors. That is a big IF, though.
29. Who will be the fifth starter? — Right now my money is on the No. 5 starter battle being between Hector Noesi and Rodon, though like I said earlier, the White Sox don’t have to rush Rodon, and Noesi is good enough to be the fifth starter for Chicago.
30. Will Dayan Viciedo “tank” again this season? — Since it is all but settled Viciedo won’t be in the starting lineup, will he become a good bench player for the White Sox to use in ’15, or will he be traded? My hope is if he does stay on the roster, he is valuable in some way off the bench and doesn’t “tank” again this season.