Five on the farm
Sep 25, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Minnesota Twins starting pitcher Trevor May (65) pitches in the first inning against the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports
The Twins have one of the game’s top prospects in Byron Buxton. Injuries were the root of a down 2014 season but the young outfielder is still just a year removed from slashing .334/.424/.510 and stealing 55 bags.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
Miguel Sano is another promising prospect coming off of injury. Tommy John surgery took away his entire 2014 season but no one believes the injury will limit the power that allowed him to 83 home runs from 2011-2013.
Alex Meyer and Trevor May are the future of the Twins rotation. Both have front of the rotation ability but neither has shown enough consistency to be a big leaguer yet.
Jorge Polanco has the offensive tools to play in the big leagues but may find himself in the outfield in his glove doesn’t improve.
Next: Twins: Season Prediction