May 19, 2015; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Minnesota Twins relief pitcher Glen Perkins (15) pitches against the Pittsburgh Pirates during the ninth inning of an inter-league game at PNC Park. The Twins won 8-5. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
Minnesota Twins News and Notes
- Fifth in the AL as a team with a .257 batting average
- 4.58 runs per game which makes places them third in the AL.
- 12th in the AL in home runs with 30. Only the Royals and White Sox have hit fewer.
- Mauer has hit 17 career home runs vs the White Sox, his highest mark against any team.
- Glen Perkins has struggled against the White Sox with a 5.14 ERA and eight home runs allowed in 70 innings of work.
May 17, 2015; Oakland, CA, USA; Chicago White Sox infielder Alexei Ramirez (10) is unable to throw out Oakland Athletics outfielder Billy Burns (not pictured) at third base in the fifth inning at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Cary Edmondson-USA TODAY Sports
Chicago White Sox News and Notes
- Third-to-last in the AL in team E.R.A. with a 4.27
- Dead last in walks/hits per inning pitched in the AL at 1.393
- Twenty-eight errors has led to a fielding percentage of .980 only the Texas Rangers and Oakland A’s are worse.
- Sale is a career 7-2 against the Twins with a 3.28 ERA
- In his career against the Twins Alexei Ramirez is a .313 hitter with 17 long balls.