The Toronto Blue Jays have won 11 straight games and 15 of their last 19. Their recent surge has pushed them up the standings of the American League East and they now trail the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays by just one game for first place.
All season, the Blue Jays offense has been the best in baseball, even with the likes of Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion playing below their career numbers. The pitching however has held them back until now.
In the month of June, the Blue Jays pitching staff has a 3.06 ERA which is good for third in the AL.
More from White Sox News
- White Sox elimination number for AL Central entering Tuesday
- This former star would be a great Tony La Russa replacement
- The Chicago White Sox were unable to sweep the Oakland A’s
- White Sox: Tony La Russa gave an update on his medical condition
- The Chicago White Sox continued to dominate the Oakland A’s
Other teams on the rise in this week’s power rankings include the Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago Cubs and Baltimore Orioles.
Among the teams on the decline this week, the Minnesota Twins, San Francisco Giants and Boston Red Sox stand out the most.
Here is the power rankings for the week.
Next: Who is the top team this week?