Jul 11, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu (79) hits an RBI single during the first inning against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
41-45(11 GB and 5.5 out of the WC)
What went right
- Chris Sale has been the most dominant pitcher in baseball. It’s a shame he doesn’t run support.
- The bullpen. David Robertson has earned his money. The unit as a whole seems to be better and deeper than last year.
What’s gone wrong?
- Lack of run support. This team is just awful at scoring runs.
- Free agent signings on offense. Adam LaRoche and Melky Cabrera have been busts with very limited production.
- Jeff Samardzija. I want Marcus Semien and his billion errors back as well as Josh Phegley to play catcher.
- Help for Jose Abreu. His numbers are fine but teams don’t have to pitch to him.
What should we expect in the 2nd half?
This team “won” the off-season according to some experts. They’ve been doing a lot of losing in the regular season and I’m actually amazed as to the fact they are only 4 games under .500. I’m expecting this team to sell some of it’s assets when they have value and get back some solid pieces in return. If Samardzija, Alexei Ramirez, and LaRoche are still on the team come August then Rick Hahn has let me down. Look for a managerial change at the first sign of a prolonged losing streak. Bring back Ozzie!!!
More from Southside Showdown
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
- New White Sox comments about the manager situation are baffling
- White Sox elimination number for AL Central entering Tuesday