U.S. Cellular Field is no more. Guaranteed Rate Field is now the home of the White Sox. Here is a ranking of the top 5 moments at “The Cell.”
The Chicago White Sox will now play their home games at Guaranteed Rate Field. The name change became effective on Nov. 1. U.S. Cellular bought the naming rights in 2003. It may have not been the greatest name but “The Cell” did have some memorable moments. In honor of the old stadium, we’re counting down the top five.
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
The criteria for this very unscientific ranking is pretty simple. All five moments happened at U.S. Cellular Field when it was named that. Plays or games that happened at New Comiskey Park are not eligible. So these games will have spanned from 2003-2016.
Next, the same player cannot appear in multiple spots. That wouldn’t be fair. In this top 5, there will not be multiple moments from the same player. It would be too easy to hone in on a few players, which wouldn’t make for a fun ranking.
That is really the only criteria I went by. I would welcome White Sox fans to comment and share some of your favorite moments at U.S. Cellular Field. And with that, let’s check out the rankings.