Aug 25, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Oakland Athletics starting pitcher Jeff Samardzija (29) delivers a pitch during the first inning against the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
On Tuesday around 2 p.m. CT, the Chicago White Sox will be introducing Jeff Samardzija and David Robertson officially as the newest members of the team, and isn’t this like they’re also introducing a new mindset with this team as well?
Sep 17, 2014; St. Petersburg, FL, USA; New York Yankees relief pitcher David Robertson (30) and teammates high five after they beat the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. New York Yankees defeated the Tampa Bay Rays 3-2. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
Having pitchers like Samardzija and Robertson are ones as fans of baseball we should be thankful for this upcoming season. This could be a one-year tryout for Samardzija with the White Sox, but my feeling is if they have a good season, he’ll stick around.
Speaking of these and other offseason moves, MLB.com wrote the following about them:
"“The flurry of moves has thrust the White Sox into the conversation for most improved team this winter.”"
I’m very intrigued to see what General Manager Rick Hahn has to say today about this offseason up to this point, but I wonder if he’s completely finished with adding and subtracting players from the lineup just yet.
In other White Sox news:
More from White Sox News
- The Chicago White Sox might have had a season ending loss
- The Chicago White Sox are expecting Tim Anderson back soon
- Miguel Cairo’s words spark life into the Chicago White Sox
- Dylan Cease should be the favorite for the AL Cy Young Award
- Ozzie Guillen speaks the whole truth about Tony La Russa
• At Fantasy Baseball Crackerjacks, a FanSided fantasy baseball site, they say Cabrera will deliver for the White Sox.
• The new closer for the White Sox is said to have “Great Expectations,” according to an article on CSN Chicago.
• CSN Chicago also wrote about how the White Sox are working on helping to keep Samardzija around for a long period of time.
• The Chicago Sun-Times writes the White Sox will have a ’05 on-field reunion weekend on July 17-19.
• Also at the Sun-Times, they reported Hawk Harrelson won’t be cutting back his ’15 schedule anymore.